Inner City Homebuyer Program
The Inner City Homebuyer program helps low-income earning families to save towards a down payment and closing costs for a home.
How does it work?
The Inner City Homebuyer program helps low-income earning families to save towards a down payment and closing costs for a home within a Neighbourhoods Alive! designated area. Participants will be matched 1:1, up to $10,000, and have three years to purchase a home.
We are looking for families who:
- Are willing to purchase a home or condo under $300,000 in a designated area
- Have a difficult time saving for a down payment and closing costs on their own
- Will qualify for a mortgage from a bank or credit union within 3 years
- Would have a greatly improved housing situation by owning a home
- Meet the low income qualifications (see income chart below)
- Are able to attend home buying workshops and one-on-one meetings over Zoom.
- Do not currently own a home, or are not participating in another home ownership program
Spots are limited for this program. Priority will be given to graduates of the Saving Circle or IDA programs.
Eligible areas have been expanded to include the following rural communities:
- The Pas
- Portage La Prairie
- Flin Flon
How do I apply?
Applications are now closed for 2021. Please check back in Spring 2022.
Low Income Qualification Chart
|Household Size||Maximum Gross Household Income|
|7 or more persons||$69,935|
SEED Winnipeg looks at household income to help determine eligibility for our programs. We use Statistics Canada’s Low-Income Cut-Off (LICO) as a guide (we use 100% of LICO). Other factors besides LICO are also considered.