Inner City Homebuyer Program
Making home ownership a reality for families living on a low income.
How does it work?
The Inner City Homebuyer program helps low-income earning families to save towards a down payment and closing costs for a home within a Neighbourhoods Alive! designated Area. Participants will be matched 1:1, up to $5000, and have 2 years to purchase a home.
We are looking for families who:
- Are willing to purchase a home or condo under $210,000 in a designated area
- See here for eligible areas: http://www.gov.mb.ca/housing/neighbourhoods/neighbourhoods/wpg_maps.html
- Have a difficult time saving for a down payment and closing costs on their own
- Will qualify for a mortgage from a bank or credit union within 2 years
- Would have a greatly improved housing situation by owning a home
- Have at least one (1) child under the age of 18 (single parents included)
- Meet the low income qualifications (see income chart below)
- Are able to attend 8 home buying classes and 2 one-to-one sessions
- Are not a participant of another home ownership program
Spots are limited for this program. Priority will be given to past Saving Circle or IDA graduates.
How do I apply?
The Inner City Homebuyer Program runs once per year. Please call 204-927-9947 by June 1, 2017 to register for an information session. Information sessions will take place on June 1 at 6:00pm, June 5 at 6:00pm and June 6 at 10:00am.
Low Income Qualification Chart
|Household Size||Maximum Gross Household Income|
|7 or more persons||$66,027|
SEED Winnipeg looks at household income to help determine eligibility for our programs. We use Statistics Canada’s Low-Income Cut-Off (LICO) as a guide (we use 100% of LICO). Other factors besides LICO are also considered.