Inner City Homebuyer Program
2020 applications are open now!
How does it work?
The Inner City Homebuyer program helps low-income earning families to save towards a down payment and closing costs for a home within a Neighbourhoods Alive! designated area. Participants will be matched 1:1, up to $7000, and have 3 years to purchase a home.
We are looking for families who:
- Are willing to purchase a home or condo under $250,000 in a designated area
- Have a difficult time saving for a down payment and closing costs on their own
- Will qualify for a mortgage from a bank or credit union within 3 years
- Would have a greatly improved housing situation by owning a home
- Meet the low income qualifications (see income chart below)
- Are able to attend home buying workshops and one-on-one meetings over Zoom.
- Do not currently own a home, or are not participating in another home ownership program
Spots are limited for this program. Priority will be given to graduates of the Saving Circle or IDA programs.
How do I apply?
Please contact SEED Winnipeg for more information about applying for this program.
Low Income Qualification Chart
|Household Size||Maximum Gross Household Income|
|7 or more persons||$68,598|
SEED Winnipeg looks at household income to help determine eligibility for our programs. We use Statistics Canada’s Low-Income Cut-Off (LICO) as a guide (we use 100% of LICO). Other factors besides LICO are also considered.