Inner City Homebuyer Program
Making home ownership a reality for families living on a low income.
How does it work?
The Inner City Homebuyer program helps low-income earning families to save towards a down payment and closing costs for a home within a Neighbourhoods Alive! designated area. Participants will be matched 1:1, up to $7000, and have 3 years to purchase a home.
We are looking for families who:
- Are willing to purchase a home or condo under $250,000 in a designated area
- Have a difficult time saving for a down payment and closing costs on their own
- Will qualify for a mortgage from a bank or credit union within program timelines
- Would have a greatly improved housing situation by owning a home
- Meet the low income qualifications (see income chart below)
- Are able to attend 8 home buying classes on Tuesday evenings beginning in September and 2 one-to-one sessions
- Do not currently own a home, or are not participating in another home ownership program
Spots are limited for this program. Priority will be given to graduates of the Saving Circle or IDA programs.
How do I apply?
Attend an upcoming information session at SEED. There are 2 dates available:
- Monday, May 27th at 6:00PM
- Monday, June 3rd at 6:00PM
Call 204-927-9935 to register. Child minding is available, if needed.
Low Income Qualification Chart
|Household Size||Maximum Gross Household Income|
|7 or more persons||$67,055|
SEED Winnipeg looks at household income to help determine eligibility for our programs. We use Statistics Canada’s Low-Income Cut-Off (LICO) as a guide (we use 100% of LICO). Other factors besides LICO are also considered.