Inner City Homebuyer Program
Making home ownership a reality for families living on a low income.
We are no longer accepting applications for 2018. Please revisit this page in April 2019 for program updates.
How does it work?
The Inner City Homebuyer program helps low-income earning families to save towards a down payment and closing costs for a home within a Neighbourhoods Alive! designated area. Participants will be matched 1:1, up to $7000, and have 2 years to purchase a home.
We are looking for families who:
- Are willing to purchase a home or condo under $250,000 in a designated area
- Have a difficult time saving for a down payment and closing costs on their own
- Will qualify for a mortgage from a bank or credit union within 2 years
- Would have a greatly improved housing situation by owning a home
- Have at least one dependent living in the home
- Meet the low income qualifications (see income chart below)
- Are able to attend 8 home buying classes and 2 one-to-one sessions
- Do not currently own a home, or are not participating in another home ownership program
Spots are limited for this program. Priority will be given to graduates of the Saving Circle or IDA programs.
How do I apply?
Please check back in April 2019 for program updates.
Low Income Qualification Chart
|Household Size||Maximum Gross Household Income|
|7 or more persons||$80,466|
SEED Winnipeg looks at household income to help determine eligibility for our programs. We use Statistics Canada’s Low-Income Cut-Off (LICO) as a guide (we use 120% of LICO). Other factors besides LICO are also considered.