News & Press
Gizhe WaaTiSiiWin Service Delivery Expo May 26!
SEED is joining other service providers to deliver essential and dignity-enhancing services to people who are experiencing homelessness, and those at risk of being homeless. In addition to health and wellness services, this event will also offer financial empowerment services including the following:
• Birth certificates – apply for Manitoba birth certificates for free
• Need photo ID? – get information about the MB photo ID and how to get it for free
• Social Insurance Numbers- get a Social Insurance Number for yourself or your child (must have birth certificate, if born in Canada, or PR or Citizenship card if born outside of Canada)
• Tax filing – get your taxes filed for free (bring a piece of ID and your tax slips, if you have them. CRA will be onsite and can issue tax slips, but you’ll need to be able to pass security questions)
• Learn about, and get help to apply for, benefits like GST, Canada Child Benefit, Rent Assist, 55 plus, and more
• Open a bank account (ID required)
• Attend a Pre-intake Orientation with Employment and Income Assistance(EIA); this is the first step to apply for EIA benefits
End Homelessness Winnipeg initiated this volunteer-driven event in partnership with the Manitoba Financial Empowerment Network and agencies in the homelessness service sector.