Indigenous Women Exploring Business - “Not Currently Offered”
Starting in 2018, SEED Winnipeg, with support from the Canadian Women’s Foundation, is pleased to offer one free training per year for Indigenous women who are considering self-employment.
There are three training sessions per week for eight weeks. The training is followed by one-to-one business consulting and support with launching a business. Free childminding, snacks, and bus tokens are available during the training sessions.
Who can apply:
Indigenous women who:
- Live on a low income (see chart below)
- Have a business idea
The first 4 weeks include:
- Conducting market research
- Checking for business viability
- Setting goals and problem solving
- Managing personal finances, credit, and banking
The following 4 weeks provide training in writing of your own business plan, which includes:
- Creating a marketing and promotions plan
- Pricing your product/service
- Coming up with a sales forecast
- Producing a cost projection
- Writing an operations and management plan
One-to-One Business Consulting and Business Launch:
After training is complete, business consultants are available to continue supporting you with completing the business plan, getting the business started, and helping after the business has started.
How to apply:
Our next program will start in May 2023. Please visit our sessions page to register for an information session, call (204) 927-9944 to register over the phone.
Low Income Qualification Chart
|Household Size||Maximum Gross Household Income|
|7 or more persons||$84,539|
SEED Winnipeg looks at household income to help determine eligibility for our programs. We use Statistics Canada’s Low-Income Cut-Off (LICO) as a guide (we use 120% of LICO). Other factors besides LICO are also considered.