SEED is Hiring 5 Canada Learning Bond Youth Champions
SEED Winnipeg is hiring 5 youth to promote the Canada Learning Bond (CLB) as CLB Youth Champions.
- 3 – 6 month contract, with possibility of extension
- Up to 60 hours total work
SEED Winnipeg is a non-profit organization. SEED’s vision is a world where opportunities exist for all people and communities to realize their hopes. Our mission is to build strong communities and increase opportunities for people through financial empowerment programs and services.
About the Project
The Canada Learning Bond (CLB) is a government grant of up to $2,000 of free money for education for youth. Eligible applicants need to be born in 2004 or later and be from a low or modest-income family. The Fund My Future Project will build a website and run a social media campaign to raise awareness about the CLB and provide support for youth to access the money.
Fund My Future is a partnership between SEED, Community Financial Counselling Services and Youth Employment Services Manitoba. Our organizations provide supported enrolment to families and youth by helping them get the documents and ID they need to access the CLB through opening a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP). For more details, check out fundmyfuture.ca!
CLB Youth Champions will be responsible for helping create content for a social media campaign (TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, videos & marketing materials) and the Fund My Future website.
Additional areas of work include:
• Facilitating both in-person and virtual information sessions about the CLB.
• Being approachable and providing support to peers looking to enroll.
• Responding to inquiries by email and through social media platforms.
• Attending events & providing support to ensure things run smoothly.
• Creating graphics, videos, and stories – which will include being in front of the camera, as well as behind the camera.
• Assisting with collecting success stories for social media campaigns.
• Administrative support as needed (filing, paperwork, etc.)
• Have enrolled in or intend to enroll education after high school
• Have accessed or plan to access the Canada Learning Bond
• Can work independently, as well as part of a group
• Eager to gain skills in public speaking / facilitating
• Excited about social media and creating content
• No experience required but a willingness to learn and develop skills to help the project be a success
SEED Winnipeg has a comprehensive diversity statement and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates to self-identify in their cover letters.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. When you apply, tell us why you would be a good fit for the position in your cover letter.
While SEED appreciates all applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the position, call Sara at (204) 272-6270.