News & Press
Registration at 8:30. Run starts at 9:30.
Whether you choose to walk, cycle, run, wheel or rollerblade, this event is a great way to get some exercise or warm up for the Manitoba marathon in support of social justice and human rights. To take part in the Run for Rights, you may collect pledges for — or make a donation to — one of 16 participating organizations. You may also do the same for the Run for Rights as a group, in which case funds are used to support all participating organizations. Everyone is welcome, and there is no minimum donation or pledge required to participate!
Get your pledge form at runforrights.org!
Sanctioned by Manitoba Runner’s Association. Sponsored by ACU, MGEU, RBC, QX104, Virgin103.1.
Rainbow Earth – Creations by Christie Dawn
More than 40 vibrant, original paintings on display and available for purchase. Prices range from $25 to $300. Cash only please. Click on link below for more details!
The Building Blocks program at SEED Winnipeg offers free workshops that will show parents how they can get government grants and bonds by opening a special savings account called an RESP.
- Lower income families with young children can get free money with no saving required!
- Families who save their own money in an RESP will get extra money added to their savings.
- SEED’s Building Blocks program provides ongoing support to help families open RESPs.
The next workshop will be:
- Thursday January 10, 2013 from 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- SEED Winnipeg- 80 Salter Street
- Bus tickets, child minding and snacks provided
- For more information or to register for the workshop please call 927-9947
Our officed will be closed from December 25 to January 1, opening again January 2, 2013. Have a great holiday season and a Happy New Year!
Louise Simbandumwe knows how valuable it is when a country opens its arms to a newcomer in need. Her work in the field of human rights and helping newcomers to the city recently earned her a prestigious honour.