Business Development Workshops for Newcomers
We offer FREE workshops from time to time on a variety of topics related to business development. For more information on these free workshops, please contact Laurel at 204-927-9924. To register for an upcoming workshop, please click on the link below each workshop description.
Workshop: “Am I Ready to be Self Employed?”
This workshop will help you understand self-employment in Canada and how it might differ from your home country.
In this seminar we will cover the following topics:
- An overview of small business in Canada
- Registering a business name
- What you should consider before starting a small business
- The benefits and challenges of self-employment
- Learn about resources that can help you start a business
Workshop: “Doing Business in Canada”
In this workshop we will discuss some of the questions many newcomers have about doing business in Canada, and compare and contrast business culture in Canada with your home country.
Some of the topics covered will be:
- The government’s role in business
- Rules and regulations
- Canadian customer service expectations
- Corruption/dishonesty/illegal activities
- Financial institutions in Canada