News & Press
Business Consultant Job Posting
BUSINESS CONSULTANT, BEST Program
(Business & Enterprise Support & Training)
SEED envisions a world where opportunities exist for all people and communities to realize their hopes. Its mission is to build strong communities and increase opportunities for people through financial empowerment programs and services.
We are seeking a full-time (40 hours per week) Business Consultant to facilitate training and provide business consulting for participants in our business programs. SEED runs programs that assist individuals living on a low income, other non-profit organizations, and community groups to start new businesses or expand existing businesses.
SEED is seeking a Business Consultant to deliver group and individual business trainings and to offer consulting to clients to start or expand various types of businesses, including cooperatives and social enterprises.
Successful candidates will:
• Be community-minded
• Have strong knowledge about small business (including cooperatives and social enterprises)
• Have demonstrated group facilitation and mentorship skills
• Have experience working with diverse, low-income client groups
• Be proficient with Windows 10 and MS Office 2019
• Be available to work during evenings and weekends
The following are considered assets:
• Small business development knowledge
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• A proven team player
• The ability to work in a non-profit environment.
SEED Winnipeg has a comprehensive diversity statement and is committed to be an equal opportunity employer and therefore encourages candidates to self-identify in their cover letters. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Attention: BDS Selection Committee) by noon on Tuesday, August 20, 2019.
While SEED appreciates all applications, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about SEED, visit www.seedwinnipeg.ca.